Our Willa is located in a historical building of an old strzelnica ( a range), which existed during the latter part of the 19th century and 40 years into the 20th century, where many rangers clubs found their housing.
Here people from Koscierzyna and the nearby vicinity came to take a part in gun shooting competitions, or to challenge their skills in archery. Bractwo Kurkowe, a shooting gallery fraternity, was particularly popular for their game of shooting rooster target. Rooster in old Polish language was called âkurâ and from it came a name of Bractwo kurkowe.
Strzelnica was known also as a place of fancy galas and colourful social gatherings.
It became a cultural and recreation centre for Koscierzyna. Its great fame lasted till 1939.
The second world war completely destroyed the place and its traditions.
In the year 2007, after extensive renovations, Strzelnica came to life again, but this time as a Willa.